I saw this recipe recently on http://www.bestrecipes.com.au and thought I would try it.
It really was pretty delicious, and only used 5 ingredients. I added some chopped walnuts which made it extra delicious and melted the sugar and butter rather than cream them. Certainly lives up to it’s name. Enjoy!
Best Ever Brownies (recipe 1156)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
150 grams butter
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time at low speed.
3. Mix through flour and cocoa.
4. Bake at 160 degrees Celcius for 25-35 minutes.
5. Serve warm with cream and/or ice cream, or ice with chocolate icing.
Apart from adding a handful of chopped walnuts, I didn’t bother with the cream or ice cream or icing, but I think it would be nice for a dessert to add some raspberries or strawberries as well and in the winter maybe some custard. I usually just have them with coffee as a snack or give them to family members. Children love them and they make great birthday cakes.