I came across this recipe on the Care2.com website. It looks delicious, and I’m a great fan of pumpkin in all its forms as well as loving hummus, so I will be trying this recipe. I might add some chilli instead of cumin as I love it. I will probably use Lebanese bread instead of pita bread which I will heat up in the stove with a little olive oil on it and then cut up into triangles. It should be delicious, healthy AND low in fat which is a winning combo!
1. Pumpkin Hummus
Pumpkin and a little olive oil replace the tahini in this seasonal hummus recipe! This is great with pita triangles or fresh veggies for dipping.
- 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans
- 2 cloves of raw garlic
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil + extra for drizzling
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Throw all of your ingredients except the pumpkin seeds into your blender and process until smooth.
2. Transfer to a glass bowl with a lid, and chill until you’re ready to serve. Drizzle with the extra olive oil and top with the pumpkin seeds just before serving.
Image: jules:stonesoup / Flickr