Here is another great recipe from http://www.taste.com.au for gingerbread men. Simple to make, tasty and children love them. Great addition to the Christmas table.
Super Food Ideas – December 2010 , Page 40
Recipe by Katrina Woodman
Photography by Ben Dearnley
- Step 1Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add maple syrup and egg. Beat to combine.
- Step 2Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon over butter mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined and a soft dough forms. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth. Shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Roll dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using a 6.5cm-long, 7cm-wide gingerbread man cutter, cut shapes from dough. Re-roll dough scraps and cut to make a total 30 gingerbread men. Place, 2cm apart, on prepared trays.
- Step 4Bake 1 tray at a time for 20 to 25 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 5Place melts in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high (75%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or until smooth. Spoon into a small snap-lock bag. Snip off 1 corner. Pipe faces and buttons onto gingerbread men. Decorate with cachous. Set aside to set.