Here is a delicious and easy turkey recipe for Christmas. I add a tablespoon of crushed pine nuts to the stuffing for some added flavour. It serves 8 people and is delicious. Taken from http://www.taste.com.au
- 150g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
- 12 fresh bay leaves
- 4 slices sourdough, crusts removed, torn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbs finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbs chopped thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1.5-2kg turkey breast with skin and wingbone attached (see note)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a large baking dish. Place the butter and 6 bay leaves in a small pan over medium heat, until melted. Set aside.
- Whiz bread, onion, zest, herbs and garlic in a food processor until combined. Season well, then add half the melted butter (reserving the bay leaves in the pan) and pulse until you have a coarse paste. Cool.
- Carefully slide your fingers underneath turkey skin to form a pocket, taking carenot to tear the skin. Gently spread stuffing mixture between skin and meat, then secure in 4 or 5 places with kitchen string.
- Lay remaining bay leaves in baking dish and place turkey on top. Brush with some bay butter and season well. Roast for 25 minutes, then baste with remaining butter. Bake for a further 35-40 minutes until golden and juices run clear. Loosely cover with foil and rest for 15 minutes, then thickly slice and serve.
You may also like…