Here is a delicious and easy pizza to make using prawns and prosciutto from http://www.taste.com.au. I modify the recipe by using tomato puree instead of pizza sauce, and spread a layer of Barilla Pesti alla Genovese pesto sauce over it for extra flavour instead of putting dollops on top. It makes 2 pizzas and uses only 8 ingredients. I also often use Lebanese bread as it is cheap, healthy and makes a delicious crunchy thin-crust pizza and sometimes use mozzarella cheese. Pizza is one of my favourite foods and is quick, easy and nourishing.
Taste.com.au – January 2011
Recipe by Michelle Southan, Food editor – Australian Good Taste
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 24 green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, de-veined
- 1/3 cup bought pizza sauce
- 2 x30cm pizza bases
- 200g fresh ricotta
- 80g semi-dried tomatoes
- 150g baby spinach with cashew and parmesan chunky dip or a good pesto
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 230C. Cut each prosciutto slice in half crossways, then in half lengthways. Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each prawn.
- Spread sauce over pizza bases. Top with the prawns.
- Place spoonfuls of the ricotta on top. Bake on two trays – swapping oven shelves halfway through cooking – for 10 minutes. Top with the tomatoes and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the prawns are cooked and the base is crisp.
- Place dollops of dip or pesto over the top with basil leaves.