Here is another quick, delicious and very economical dish from http://www.taste.com.au. It has the added bonus of being vegetarian and very healthy. You can also add potatoes and green beans or other leftover vegetables to the mix for variety. It serves 4.
delicious. – June 2007 , Page 135
Recipe by Chrissy Freer
Photography by Catherine Sutherland and Brett Stevens
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs medium-hot curry paste (such as rogan josh)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1/2 large cauliflower (about 500g), trimmed, cut into florets
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 200g frozen peas
- 2 cups steamed basmati rice
- 1 tbs chopped coriander leaves
- 4 tbs (1/3 cup) low-fat natural yoghurt
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Stir in the tomatoes and stock, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and chickpeas, simmer for 5 minutes. Add the peas and simmer for a further 3 minutes or until all the vegetables are just tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir the coriander into the yoghurt. Serve the curry on rice, topped with a spoonful of the coriander yoghurt.