This is a simple and delicious gluten-free recipe from http://www.taste.com.au. You can use dark chocolate instead of white if preferred or carob. Makes 35 cookies (or biscuits as we call them in Oz). Tastes great, even if you are not gluten intolerant! You may have to hide them.
Super Food Ideas – March 2004 , Page 71
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place half the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, for 2 minutes on MEDIUM (50%) power. Cool.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add egg. Mix well. Add melted chocolate. Beat until smooth.
- Add combined flour and baking powder. Mix well. Stir in muesli and remaining chopped chocolate. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place onto trays, allowing room for spreading. Use back of a spoon to flatten biscuits. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden, swapping trays once. Cool.
- Dust with icing sugar. Serve.