This is a quick, easy and delicious recipe which has the benefit of being low GI. It serves 4 and takes just over half an hour to prepare. I sometimes substitute snake beans or snow peas for the squash or some pumpkin which has been lightly steamed and some garlic and fresh rosemary. Recipe from http://www.taste.com.au
Recipe by Alison Roberts
Photography by Ben Dearnley
- 750g kumara (orange sweet potato), peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat spread
- Place kumara into a microwave-safe dish. Cover. Cook on HIGH (100%) power for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add spread. Mash. Add milk, and salt and pepper. Mash, adding more milk if required.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini and squash. Cook, tossing, for 7 minutes. Add tomatoes. Increase heat to high. Cook, tossing, for 3 minutes.
- Preheat a chargrill on medium-high heat. Brush lamb with remaining oil. Season with pepper. Cook for 3 minutes each side. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve with kumara mash and vegetables.