Here is a delicious and warming winter recipe from http://www.taste.com.au. It is healthy, economical and easy to make and serves 4. I have added finely chopped kumara (sweet potato) and pumpkin sometimes for extra flavour and some dried chilli and substituted bok choy for spinach. Perfect for a cold winter night. Enjoy!
Recipe by Jill Dupleix
Photography by Steve Brown
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 desiree potatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1.5L chicken or vegetable stock (or water)
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 100g each frozen peas and baby spinach leaves
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based pan over medium-low heat. Cook celery, leek, garlic and carrot, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add potato, paste, bay leaves, thyme and stock, then bring to the boil over high heat. Simmer over medium-low heat, partly covered, for 20 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Add beans, zucchini, peas, salt and pepper. Simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, then divide among warm bowls, season and serve scattered with parsley.