Here is a quick, easy and economical meal to make. It’s ideal for warming you up on cold winter nights and a family favourite. You can add other ingredients such as sultanas and peas. A good way to spice up some sausages. It serves 4 and takes 20 minutes to make. Another great recipe from http://www.taste.com.au
Super Food Ideas – October 2005 , Page 68
Recipe by Dixie Elliott
Photography by Ben Dearnley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 lamb sausages
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 1 golden delicious apple, grated
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups steamed basmati rice and coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausages, in batches, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste, flour and apple. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in stock. Bring to the boil. Return sausages to pan and simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon rice onto plates. Top with curried sausages and coriander. Serve.