Another great recipe from http://www.taste.com.au. Healthy, low in fat and inexpensive. It serves 4 people, only used 8 ingredients and is ready in half an hour. I often steam some spinach or beans to add some greenery to the plate. A perfect guilt-free meal. Add seasoning to taste.
Recipe by Kathy Knudsen
Photography by Ben Dearnley
- 2 red onions, halved, cut into thick wedges
- 600g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 4 tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 8 (about 620g) chicken thigh fillets
- 240g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Preheat oven to 220ºC. Combine the onion, sweet potato, tomato, garlic and half the oil in a bowl. Transfer to large baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Add the chicken to the tray and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add chickpeas and parsley. Toss until heated through.