Here some more photos I took at Manly this week. They include some of the avenue of Norfolk Pines, a bearded water dragon sunning himself along the walkway to Shelly Beach (a common sight as they are a protected species) and some of the water along the same walkway.
There was a beautiful display from the Korean Buddhists of paper lights and amazing paper sculptures as well as stalls teaching how to make the lights, and explaining the various facets of Buddhism.
The lights were beautiful and get switched on after 5.30pm. They must look wonderful. They are made of “hanji”, mulberry bark, as are all the sculptures. Here are some photos I took of them.
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Recipe by Chissy Freer
Photography by Mark O’Meara
- Rice flour, for dusting
- 3 sheets savoury gluten-free shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 185g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 medium red capsicum, finely diced
- 30g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Lightly grease two 12-hole, 1 1/2 tablespoon-capacity round-based patty pans. Dust holes with rice flour, shaking out excess.
- Using a 7.5cm round cutter, cut 24 rounds from pastry sheets. Press each round firmly into prepared holes.
- Place tuna, corn, chives, capsicum and cheese in a bowl. Whisk eggs and milk together in a jug. Add to tuna mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into each pastry case. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.
Great performance form Dami last night on X Factor Australia 2013. What a powerful voice.
This girl has a fantastic voice.
Pretty hot sound considering they were all individual singing contestants and were put into a group at Bootcamp by the judges. This is their first song together. Kelebek is in this group.