Super Food Ideas – May 2011 , Page 64
Recipe by Chissy Freer
Photography by Mark O’Meara
- Rice flour, for dusting
- 3 sheets savoury gluten-free shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 185g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 medium red capsicum, finely diced
- 30g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Lightly grease two 12-hole, 1 1/2 tablespoon-capacity round-based patty pans. Dust holes with rice flour, shaking out excess.
- Using a 7.5cm round cutter, cut 24 rounds from pastry sheets. Press each round firmly into prepared holes.
- Place tuna, corn, chives, capsicum and cheese in a bowl. Whisk eggs and milk together in a jug. Add to tuna mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into each pastry case. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.