This delicious vegetarian recipe from http://www.taste.com.au only takes 10 minutes to cook, is healthy and sustaining as well as economical. It is nice for a quick lunch with salad. Other veggies can be substituted for Chinese one (e.g. zucchini, mushrooms, carrot).
Fresh Living – May 2005 , Page 51
Recipe by Gemma Purcell
Photography by Louise Lister
- 1 cup (200g) medium grain brown rice
- 400g Asian Stir-fry Vegetables
- 2 teaspoons oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Cook the rice for 25 minutes until firm according to packet instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the snow peas in the stir-fry mix into thin strips and thinly slice any large pieces of broccoli. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir-fry mix. Stir-fry for 4 minutes or until soft. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir through. Transfer to a large bowl. Allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush the base and sides of a 20cm springform pan with oil. Sprinkle 3 teaspoons of sesame seeds over the base and two-thirds of the way up the sides of the pan.
- Add the rice, eggs and coriander to the stir-fried vegetables. Mix until well combined. Spoon the mixture evenly over the base of the pan and press firmly. Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds. Cook in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Remove from the pan and slice into wedges.